Do you want to observe the 67 minutes for Mandela Day but don’t know where to start?
Women in IT understands that many of our members feel the same way, so the forum has decided to provide a way for our members to participate by sharing details of a campaign for the 18th July which we believe will be convenient for our members and which will collectively make a real difference for those in need.
We invite you to participate in our Mandela Day challenge by either giving 67 minutes of your time, donating 67 goods/items either individually or collectively with your colleagues, friends or family.
We have identified the James 1:27 Trust as the charity we want to support. The James 1:27 Trust is social enterprise with a vision to escalate holistic care to orphans and vulnerable children. Find out more by visiting their website https://www.james127trust.org/
Below is a list of items required to address the pressing needs of the James 1:27 Trust:
1. Disposable Nappies: for 2 babies that are 7 months old.
2. Beanies and scarves: for children of average age 5 years.
3. Food Parcels: tinned food such as vegetables, fish and beans, cooking oil, and dried products (soya, lentils, beans, maize meal, samp and rice).
4. Toiletries needed for the crèche: 50 tooth brushes, toothpaste, soap, skin products, medical kit, tissue boxes, wet wipes and toilet paper.
5. Stationery kits for the crèche: stationery kits are required for the 15 tables for 4 children each.
6. Stationery kits for the older kids: introductory curriculum pack costs between R12 000 to R20 000 for the whole school. Thereafter R1000 per child annually for books and workbooks.
Items can be delivered to the SAP offices or directly to the James 1: 27.
The Women in IT Project Team has already pledged to build a Vegetable Garden at the James 1:27 Trust on the 18 July. Should you wish to join us on this day, please contact Nonceba – email email@example.com or call 011 702 8240. We need veggie plants or seeds, start up equipment, spades, forks, sprinkler systems, JoJo tank, etc.
Take Action! Inspire Change